Sunday, October 18, 2009

Great Hockey Names

My buddy and I have been fascinated with NHL players' names. I don't know what it is, maybe because most of them are canadian and let's be honest, canadians have some great names!! Here are some to name a few....



Jonathan TOEWS!
Guillaume Latendresse!
Scottie Upshall ,not to be confused with: Scotty Hartnell!
Kris Letang
Claude Giroux
Kris Versteeg
Dustin Byfuglien (pronounced BUFFLIN!!)
Zach Bogosian
Mike Knuble
Kristian Huselius
Marek Zidlicky
R.J. Umberger
Brad McCrimmon (Red Wings assistant coach)

There are actually many more, wait until next post to hear the rest...

In the meanwhile, Sharks management sent down Jamie McGinn and Derek Joslin back to Worcester today (top minor league affiliate). I'm not sure how I feel about Doug Wilson continuilly moving the young guys back and forth between the AHL and pros. On one hand I know its great for their development, but on the other hand  I'd like to see some of these guys stay and develop at the pro level. It's much more fun to see these guys show what they've got and help the team with some energy shifts. I guess Ryan Vesce (congrats on first nhl goal the other night vs NYI) is staying, but will probably rotate back down to Worcester at some point. To Doug Wilsons credit, McGinn has had some clumsy plays despite great work on the forecheck, so maybe he can work on his puck handling skills down there, we'll have to wait and see.


Sharks face the Rangers monday night at MSG. I will be streaming from work again as it is a 4 pm western time game. Hopefully I won't get yelled at by my manager. If he says something, I'll just respond...


GO SHARKS!

No comments: